GuruAnn Blog

Hume City Councillor, this site is authorised by Fran Wallace, 10 Gibbons St Sunbury

Friday, October 14, 2005

Weird Mailing lists

Got to work earlier this week, cranked up my email and noticed 2 weird emails. Both were identical.

It has been requested that the following address:



should be added to the communism community mailing list.
You have been successfully subscribed to our mail list.


Thank you.
----------
To unsubscribe from our mail list, just follow this link:



Click this link, or copy and paste the address into your browser.


At first I thought someone was playing a funny joke, then I got a security bulletin from the IT Security section at work.

Several staff in the University have recevied the following email.
Please advise all University personnel not to click on the link, even though it appears to effect an unsubscription.

The Networks Section have been requested to block traffic to and from the IP address specified in the link.


Bugger I thought, I thought I had finally found a place to talk about Caviar Communism.