GuruAnn Blog

Hume City Councillor, this site is authorised by Fran Wallace, 10 Gibbons St Sunbury

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Oh what a game!

Back from Sydney and feeling a tad tired. The game last night was very exciting the last 3 minutes felt like hours, but at the end of the day we prevailed, even if it was only by a point.

It would be remiss of me not to mention the appalling umpiring that took place, I spent a great deal of the game completely perplexed by a lot of the free kicks awarded. On speaking to others after the game, I wasn't the only one. 30 frees to the wobbles, 19 to us, 49 free kicks in a game is far too many in the first place, and it was so obvious that the Umpires were so biased toward Collingwood, and I really hope that Paul Roos talks to the AFL about the issue, it just seems to be happening more and more often.

Mr J played footy today, they lost, but he played a great game and took a screamer of a mark, wish I had my video camera back from the repairer, it would have been worthy of Almost Football Legends.

Bugger, Geneva getting booted from Big Brother, I was really hoping it would be the Howard loving Dean.