GuruAnn Blog

Hume City Councillor, this site is authorised by Fran Wallace, 10 Gibbons St Sunbury

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Busy Week

The second week of any month is always very very busy, I have 8 meetings at night in 4 days, it means attending one, giving whatever report I have to then heading to the next one, and to top it all off I have the flu again (Supa, yes I have taken the tabs and they have helped a little).

Last night I went to the Hume City Council meeting, JAKAS put up a motions about making Hume a paedophile free zone, thus not allowing convicted paedophiles to live in Hume. Now in principal I don't disagree with this, but I question the legality of it, it this allowed under our law, I don't know. So the other councillors rightfully called for a procedural motion to get the Hume officers to give them more information and refer the matter to the Hume Social Justice Taskforce.

Bring in Channel 9, how did they know that JAKAS was going to bring this up, only by a call to them from JAKAS I suppose, so they taped it and it ran on the nightly news tonight, with catchcry that he was defeated trying to stop paedophiles from living in Hume. I am not surprised as it makes for good news the not telling the truth.

This week in Footy is not getting any easier, I am awaiting Friday night with great anticipation, bring it on in a hurry please!