GuruAnn Blog

Hume City Councillor, this site is authorised by Fran Wallace, 10 Gibbons St Sunbury

Saturday, February 26, 2005

21 days to go!

It's wo weird how the mind works, with 21 days till we go to Bali, I have started having weird dreams about not going, with various senario's popping up. It is a bit disturbing, and hopefully not an omen that I won't be going.

So in the lead up to going to Bali, I am planning a few things to do over there, one trip I really want to make is to Lombok. I have done a bit of research and looks like a day trip is not long enough, so I think we will have 2 nights there. Found some great sites such as Lombok Lovers and Lombok Network, these sites have convinced me that we should fly and not go by boat, and at about $60 return, the flights are pretty reasonable. Next step is to work out where to stay, accommodation is a lot cheaper in Lombok than Bali, so for $50 we can get a very very nice hotel like The Intan, but the more research I do, it seems like the type of place I could spend a week in.

It is described as the Bali of 20 years ago, well, my first trip to Bali was 20 years ago, so I should be able to reminise somewhat, as well it will be good for the kids to see an island that is quite 3 worldish, not that Bali isn't like that, however it will allow them to experience a part of the world that is less fortunate than we are, which in my opinion is what all kids should see in their life.

Over the next few weeks I will probably bore people silly with my Bali planning, well , bad luck, cause half the fun of going away on such a trip is the anticipation and planning of it.