GuruAnn Blog

Hume City Councillor, this site is authorised by Fran Wallace, 10 Gibbons St Sunbury

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Telstra does a Dell!

400 Telstra jobs head for India Dell Australia have done the same thing and for me this has meant that I try my hardest not to have to deal with Dell as trying to deal with people in India about a broken desktop is very frustrating.

American Express also do the same, as I am always forgetting to pay my Amex Card bill and I get a call from a nice Indian Person one day after it was due, the call starts as "Hello this is American Express Calling, Can you please tell me your name and date of birth before I carry on with this conversation?" My answer is now a bit more laid back but the first time I got a call, it was like " huh, you called me, I am not giving out my personal details" to which their reply was that "madam, we can not continue the phone call unless you give us your personal details", guess what happened next? The little red button on my phone was pressed and the Amex Indian was flushed away.

Now I just have to find time to get right out of Telstra's stranglehold on my telecommunication infrastructure at home, christ, my mobile, foxtel, landline and broadband are all with the Evil one, so it may take some time, but I will do it.