GuruAnn Blog

Hume City Councillor, this site is authorised by Fran Wallace, 10 Gibbons St Sunbury

Monday, October 18, 2004

Reincarnate me as a Dentist Please

My youngest had a toothache today, I got a call at work from the school saying that she was in a fair bit of pain, so I called the local Dentist and they slotted her into an emergency appointment.

Sure a filling, I had expected that, but the news that was to come was mammoth. Quite a few of her baby teeth have bad holes, this is despite bring given the all clear a year ago. It seems that the semi regular use of steroids for her asthma has contributed to her teeth being very chalky.

Well the full synopsis is that she has to have 4 teeth out under a general anaesthetic in about 6 weeks time. I was promptly handed an invoice for $900 for the dental work to be done and have about another $400 worth of Medibank excess and other expences.

To my ex husband, THIS IS WHERE YOUR CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENTS GO!