GuruAnn Blog

Hume City Councillor, this site is authorised by Fran Wallace, 10 Gibbons St Sunbury

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Evangelistical Society - is this the future

Articles like this from the eternal Right Wing Think Tanker Gerard Henderson make me shudder.

I am an athiest and I respect those who find solace in worshipping but these Evangelistical Groups that are gradually trying to take over Christianity worry me.

Why, one of the biggest reasons is the money involved. What happened to the days when the church had a priest/minister that was supported by the congregation with modest donations. These days being involved with one of these Evangelistical Movements means signing over part of your salary for the running of the church. I can't imagine how much money it takes to run Hillsong