GuruAnn Blog

Hume City Councillor, this site is authorised by Fran Wallace, 10 Gibbons St Sunbury

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Petes Budget

Well as a sole parent, already in the workforce, I should think myself lucky. Personally I would have liked to have had the opportunity to have stayed at home longer with my kids, alas it was never meant to be. However if a person can manage on the sole parent payment and stay at home for their children, I think that it should be encouraged not discouraged. I also wonder where all the job are going to come from.

I won't ramble on too much about the budget, hasten to say it is once again a kick in the pants to those less fortunate, I have no problem with encouraging people to work, but the jobs and moreso training needs to be provided.

Oh it's mooted as a windfall surplus, well who provided the surplus, my taxes!

From what I have seen, Mark Bahnisch probably provides the best analysis with links.