GuruAnn Blog

Hume City Councillor, this site is authorised by Fran Wallace, 10 Gibbons St Sunbury

Saturday, November 20, 2004

It's time to be Frank or poor Madalyn

Traditional Names are back in vogue, but I pity the poor kids (including my son) who are given names that can be spelt numerous ways. My son's name is Jarrod, which has about 13 differing ways to spell it (Jarrod, Jarrad, Jarred, Jarryd, Jarod, Jarad, Jared, Jaryd plus some other more obscure ways). It wasn't my choice to call him Jarrod, my ex husband was hell bent on this name. Growing up with my name (Ann) and always having it misspelt has always bugged me. SORRY JARROD!

For my 2nd born, I thought I would give her a name that shouldn't get misspelt, Riley, however to my horror on the same day she was born a birth notice was placed in the paper for Rylee, SORRY RILEY.