GuruAnn Blog

Hume City Councillor, this site is authorised by Fran Wallace, 10 Gibbons St Sunbury

Saturday, October 16, 2004

What we use the World Weird Web for

Today, much fuss was being made, what seemed like dozens of kids were streaming into my house, then I noticed one of them had soething with feathers in his hands. "What's that?" It's an injured bird! Now I have never had too much experience with injured wildlife as we do live in Suburbia.

So to the trusty WWW I went, typed in "wildlife victoria" into google and found Wildline, I called the number listed and explained my predicament and they gave me a phone number of someone who could lend assistance. I called a guy called Vid in Gisborne and within an hour, he and Heather came down to collect the injured bird and take it back to their property to recover. Great community resource found on the WWW.