GuruAnn Blog

Hume City Councillor, this site is authorised by Fran Wallace, 10 Gibbons St Sunbury

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Back to Winter!

What a day, I don't think it got over 12 degrees, it was freezing both outside and inside at work, bloody airconditioning, they spent $20 million on furbishing this building 2 years ago and promised to get the air con right but it's still crap. Our team is on the top floor of the building, closest to the plant room, closest to the blowers, so it blows a gale nealrly all day.

Spent a lot of the day researching Collaboration Software, and not reading the papers as I am a bit over the Labor reshuffle, but managed to get a laugh from The Daily Flute.

Chris Fryer wrote an incisive piece on Conservative Christianity the following paragraph from the article is so true.

Conservative Christianity has abandoned the values of tolerance and forgiveness, they are not making the world a better place. These churches need to have a good long think; they can ponder the following bible quote, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Or for the biblically challenged, "Treat others as you would like to be treated." I had this principal drummed into me as a child, even though my mother is not a church goer.

Oh and I had my first abusive comment, I wonder who it could have came from, I have deleted it as it's wasn't something that I would like my children to read, but I have kept the evidence and the IP address for future reference.